Best Laser Engraver for Small Business [2022 Picks]
Who wouldn't love to have a small business at home or garage and earn something through it? If you are thinking about earning money from home, laser engravers could be ideal.
The demand for laser cutting and engraving is increasing day by day. People love to have customized products, such as Yeti tumblers, jewelry, wallets, jackets, shirts, etc. Laser machines can easily make such products through engraving and cutting. Not only that, but you can also make original products and art pieces and sell them on online stores.Start a Laser Business
Even though many people think about buying a laser machine to start a small business, they do not have the right direction to invest in.
In this article, we have made buying laser cutters for small business easier. We have picked the best diode, CO2, and fiber laser cutters so that you can pick the best one easily.
In This Article
- Best Diode Laser Engraver for Small Business
- Best CO2 Laser Engraver for Small Business
- Best Fiber Laser Engraver for Small Business
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Laser Engraver Your Business
- FAQs on Starting a Business with a Laser Engraver
Best Diode Laser Engraver for Small Business
If you are looking for the best diode laser engraver, D1 Pro, designed and manufactured by xTool, could be a perfect choice. The quality, high accuracy, and dozens of other features make it an exceptional laser cutting and engraving machine. It is ideal for small businesses, hobbyists, DIY enthusiasts, designers, artists, and professionals.
xTool D1 Pro is a compact version of an industrial high-power diode laser engraver and cutter. It is compact enough to be placed over a table. It is made of robust materials that increase its life and ensure high precision and accuracy.
It is available at a very reasonable price and can also be bought with affirm. Thus, small businesses and startups can easily afford this machine.
- Multiple Diode Modules: The first advantage of xTool D1 Pro is that the laser diode module can be changed. There are three modules available 5W, 10W, and 20W. Buyers can easily select a suitable laser module for their needs.
- Most Power Module: xTool has introduced the world’s most powerful diode laser module having an optical power of 20W. The powerful laser cuts 10mm plywood, solid wood, and various 5mm thick acrylic colors in one pass. It can also cut leather and paper.
- Powerful Laser Beams: Laser beams from multiple diode laser sources are combined into one. It makes the laser more powerful.
- High Accuracy: The accuracy of D1 Pro is more than amazing. The movement accuracy reaches 0.01mm because of the industrial-grade design. The laser is also ultra-fine and highly focused at a single spot of 0.08 x 0.08mm. It is ideal for engraving on wood, steel, ceramics, and acrylics. There will be almost no burn marks.
- Long Lifespan: The ALL-STEEL wheel and shaft give three times longer life than plastic wheels. It supports more than 100,000 slides.
- Large Engraving Area: The engraving area is also large enough to engrave or cut a piece larger than an A3 paper. Moreover, with the help of the rotary attachment, regular and irregular cylindrical objects can also be engraved or cut.
- Adjustable Height: The height of the tool can also be increased using risers. You can buy the number of risers you need and increase the height of the machine. One set of risers can increase the height to 70mm.
- Easy to Use: The software is pretty easy to use. It is compatible with xTool creative space and Light burn. In addition, users can easily transfer data using Wi-Fi, USB cable, and TF card.
- The machine cannot cut blue and white acrylic because of the wavelength of the laser.
- You also need to buy the honeycomb pen set separately; otherwise, it will affect the surface beneath the machine.
- Air assist is not included in the package; you need to buy it separately from xTool.
Best CO2 Laser Engraver for Small Business
xTool’s Laserbox Rotary is a commendable CO2 laser machine for small businesses. It is suitable for small businesses because of its compactness: it is like a small printer that can be placed on a table. Users can easily use it at their homes, garages, and shops. You can even start a profitable business from your living room.
The 40W laser is very powerful; it can be used to cut a wide range of materials, including wood, acrylic, leather, kraft paper, corrugated paper, cardboard, bamboo, felt, leather, fabric, plastic, PVC, and MDF. The machine can also engrave the materials it can cut, and more materials for engraving are glass, ceramic, jade, marble, shale, cement, brick, coated metal, electroplated metal, and painted metal.
If you need something more powerful than a diode laser machine and cut more materials other than metals, this CO2 laser engraver is an ideal choice. Entrepreneurs, hobbyists, DIY lovers, and professionals can have a wide range of materials to engrave and cut.
Another reason that makes this machine the best for small businesses is that it is available with affirm, and the buyer can pay as low as $140 per month.
- Latest Technology: Laserbox Pro is one-of-a-kind and has state-of-the-art technology. It is an all-in-one CO2 laser cutter and engraver in a small box.
- Excellent Speed: The powerful laser has a high speed of 350mm/sec. It cuts 0.59 inches of basswood in one pass.
- Auto-focus: It is equipped with an AI auto-focus that recognizes the material and identifies its thickness to utilize the laser efficiently and ensure the best results
- Built-in Camera: The 5MP ultra-wide-angle camera shows you the real-time cutting and engraving on your laptop screen. It also gives a preview of the design and helps in positioning.
- Draw and Make: You can also draw anything on paper or directly on the Laserbox materials. The machine will recognize the lines on the material and does the job. It recognizes black for engraving and red for cutting.
- Pre-assembled: The user can set up the whole machine in a few minutes. It is already assembled and only needs a power supply.
- Simple Software: It is compatible with Laserbox software, which is easy for beginners. It does not require an internet connection.
- Purifier System: The machine has a built-in smart purifier system that cleans the smoke and protects the environment from toxic fumes. It is quite eco-friendly, which is why it can be used at home.
- Ultra-precision: The precision and accuracy of the machine are excellent. It is 0.05mm, which is ideal for engravers. There will be less wastage and kerf width.
- Supports Design Software: It accepts the design of many design software, including AutoCAD, Solidworks, Photoshop, CorelDraw, and Illustrator. It supports a wide range of file types.
- The life of the laser cutter is less than the diode laser cutter. But it is 6,000-8,000 hours, which is better than other CO2 laser cutters.
- The power consumption is about 350W without the fan. So, get ready for the electricity bill.
- For cylindrical objects, you need to buy the rotary attachment separately.
Best Fiber Laser Engraver for Small Business
Blue Elephant CNC ELECNC-1530F is an entry-level fiber laser cutter. Basically, fiber laser cutters are extremely powerful and the newest technology of all. Therefore, these machines are quite expensive and sometimes not affordable for small businesses. But this entry-level fiber laser cutter is a good option for startups and small businesses as it is affordable.
The machine is perfect for cutting metal sheets. So, if you are looking for such a machine, it could be the right choice. Most importantly, it is easy to use, and beginners can handle it easily.
- The machine is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, which makes it super lightweight, durable, and corrosion-resistant.
- The focus of the laser is adjusted automatically. It is safer because there is less human interference. Moreover, it ensures high accuracy and speed.
- The machine has a built-in dust removal system. It removes the smoke and dust produced by the machine. Thus, the working environment is not polluted, and the health of the operator is ensured.
- It can cut metal sheets at a very high speed of 140 meters per minute. The speed is incredible.
- The machine requires little or no maintenance. It has an automatic lubrication system that lubricates the machine when needed. It keeps the machine sound.
- It contains a high-quality thick carbon bed that can bear the heavyweight of the objects.
- The machine is quite expensive, and the cost increases further with the features.
- The machine does not last for a very long time.
- It is not suitable for commonly used materials, such as wood and acrylic. It is only for metal sheets.
- You cannot cut solid metals. It can only cut sheets of certain thicknesses.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Laser Engraver Your Business
This is the question that almost all beginners ask. They often get confused between the type of laser machines and what they need to choose. Let's see the important factors you need to consider while buying a laser cutter.
1) Materials the Laser Can Cut
First, you need to know which materials you want to cut. If you want to cut plywood, solid wood, acrylic, leather, and paper, there is nothing better than a diode laser machine. It is suitable for small businesses. Moreover, diode lasers can also be used to engrave steel, glass, ceramics, acrylic, wood, and a wide range of materials.
If you want to cut more materials other than metals, a CO2 laser is an excellent option. It can cut leather, plastic, PVB, PVC, glass, leather, foam, wood, acrylic, and many more. These lasers are more powerful than diode lasers, but the lifespan is shorter.
For metal cutting, you need a fiber laser cutter. It is capable of cutting materials. We discussed a fiber laser cutter for small businesses, and it can cut metal sheets. But industrial grade fiber laser cutters can cut solid metals as well as non-metals.
The second thing that you need to consider is the cost. If you have a low budget and want to start a small business, the best choice is a diode laser machine. It is available at a very affordable price.
CO2 laser machines are a bit more costly than diode laser machines. They are more powerful and can cut more materials. But these have a less working life, so you need to replace the parts again.
Finally, the most expensive ones are fiber laser cutters. These are very expensive and out of the budget of beginners and small businesses. But an entry-level machine can be bought, which is still a lot costly.
3) Power of the Laser
You also need to consider the power of the laser because it tells the capability of the machine. But beginners often get confused between machine power, laser electric power, and laser optical power. We need to look at the laser optical power because it defines the cutting capability.
On the other hand, laser electric power is the power that the module requires. The machine power is the rated power of the machine.
For instance, 10W xTool D1 Pro has the following specifications:
Laser Optical Power = 10W
Laser Electric Power = 40W
Machine Power = 60W
You need to see the optical power to make the right decision.
Typically, diode lasers are available in 5-15W. But xTool has introduced the world's most powerful diode laser of 20W.
CO2 lasers are more powerful. They usually have a watt rating of 40-300W, depending on the size. Then finally, the fiber laser cutters have optical power of several thousand watts.
FAQs on Starting a Business with a Laser Engraver
1）What can you make with a laser engraver?
There is a wide range of products you can make with a laser cutter. You can cut various materials according to the type of laser cutter. You can make wooden boxes, engraved rings, art pieces, jewelry, cutting boards, medals & trophies, and various other customized gifts. The sky's the limit. You can then sell those objects and earn money.
2）Can I get a laser machine in installments?
Yes, some laser machines are available in installments. xTool D1 is available in monthly installments. You can get the machine with affirm and pay as low as $56 per month. xTool’s Laserbox is also available with affirm and at as low as $126 per month.
3）Is laser cutting a good business? Can I make money with it?
A laser cutter is a good investment, and laser cutting is a good business. The buyers can easily recover the cost of the machine within a few months or in one year, depending on the type of the laser machine. It is a profitable business. You can make customized objects that are used as gift items and personal items. It is an excellent way to express your creativity and make beautiful art pieces. The products can be sold on eCommerce and social media platforms.
4）What is the average cost of a laser engraver?
If you want a diode laser cutter, you can start the business with $700-1500. CO2 lasers are a bit expensive, and the typical cost is $3,000-5,000. Fiber laser cutters are very expensive; even an entry-level machine will cost you around $15,000-20,000.